It is estimated that over 40% of the adult population snore, and 100% of those that sleep beside us are not impressed.
What is Snoring?
Snoring is the sound of obstructed breathing during sleep. When the soft tissues at the back of your throat lose muscle tone, they flop back and vibrate. While you are awake muscles hold the airway open.
When you fall asleep these muscles relax, and the quanity and quality of air going to your body can be significantly reduced. Apparently the world record is 95 decibels.
Is snoring having a negative effect on your relationship?
Aside from possible health risks, snoring is also a major cause of frustration in relationships.
Many couples need to sleep in separate bedrooms, causing stress and discomfort. It’s also a big problem when travelling or sleeping away from home.
Can Snoring be stopped?
Fortunately, there are many and varied ways to stop or control your snoring.
We do often recommend first that you have a (bulk-billed) sleep study to rule out any deeper issues than basic snoring.
We have many proven solutions to stop the noise . . .
- Mute™ nasal inserts – inserts that keep your nostrils open, but without the skin tearing effect of external nasal strips
- Theravent™ – a simple, ingenious therapy that uses back pressure from your nose to stop the vibration that causes snoring sounds
- NightShift™ Positional Therapy – small and extremely effective neck worn device that keeps you on your side, and trains you to stay there. Guaranteed.
- Mandibular Advancement Splints (MAS) – adjustable, custom fitted mouth guard type devices that keep your air passage open by moving your jaw forward.
- NightLase™ Laser Therapy – (this is the well known “Single & Snoring Invisible Solution”) a laser is used to painlessly tighten the tissues at the rear of your throat, thus enlarging the air passage.
- and CPAP Therapy – 100% effective if used properly. Portrayed as Darth Vader like, but I think I look like a Top Gun. Used by millions of people worldwide successfully and effectively every night.